The Cast of Characters & Quick Guide to the Story

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Curse of the picky eater captains

At lunchtime I typed on my Facebook page that I had just watched the captain take the pimiento cheese off his sandwich. Have you ever tasted pimiento cheese? Besides being delicious, it's totally innocuous. Not spicy. Not hot. It doesn't even add much texture.


Kackan, my Swedish friend from the Neverland (my former boat), responded that I was cursed with picky eaters for captains. And it's true. Though I really think I'm going to like our main captain, who's on break right now, she doesn't like... onions!!!


Sunday’s Menu
Breakfast:
Cheese eggs (with parmesan, white pepper and cream); Mark Bittman’s banana bread with a hint of cinnamon added; and bacon
Lunch:
Pimiento cheese sandwiches, roasted tomato soup (flavored with cumin); leftover mac-n-cheese; dilly beans and grapes
Dinner:
Ham and scalloped potatoes
Coleslaw (Bobby Flay's recipe)
Biscuits
Dessert:
Chocolate chip cookies





No comments:

Post a Comment