The Cast of Characters & Quick Guide to the Story

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Faithfully

Eve escapes the rain on another wet day in Savannah.
On the balcony at Tubby's a guy is covering Faithfully as a country ballad. Surprisingly, it works. And has me a little melacholy about the paths we give up when we choose one future over another. 

Last night I talked to my friend Marc on the phone, who said he was glad I was enjoying myself, but come home (this is the same friend who got me into this business in the first place mind you). Then I listened to a voicemail from my friend Paul. He said he understood this was something I had to do, but come home.

It rained all day today, which drove all the deckhands belowdecks. We had to cancel our afternoon sail. The weather seemed to make everyone a little melancholy.

I made granola and baked buns for our lunch and even though I was late with dinner, the crew was understanding and pitched in a lot to clean the galley and salon afterwards.

After not that long with them, they have endeared themselves to me, which begs the question: Where is home, anyway?

My not-so-sloppy Joe.
Wednesday's Menu
Breakfast
Pancakes, bacon and eggs
Lunch
Sloppy joes; caramelized onion and fried egg sandwich for the vegetarian; chips and salad
Dinner
Chicken with an Indian yoghurt-tomato sauce; curried vegetables and a Samosa loaf.
Dessert
Butterscotch pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment