The Cast of Characters & Quick Guide to the Story

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Shopping for Transit

Today I made chicken soup for lunch and I'm multi-tasking - trying to make lasagna for the transit. The crew is putting on the mainsail now, but our departure date has been pushed back to Friday afternoon because there I news of 30-foot waves off the coast somewhere.

This is fine with me. Even though I'm anxious to get going, I had really hoped to finish a few more dishes in advance. The only downside is that for every day we stay, we eat up the stuff I bought for the transit. Yesterday I spent $750 at Costco, $350 at the regular grocery store and $100 at Trader Joe's. You should've seen the back of the car! Then of course it took me most of the evening to figure out how and where to store it all.

Thank goodness most of dinner was in a crockpot!

No comments:

Post a Comment