The Cast of Characters & Quick Guide to the Story

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bermuda on our bow

Time alone is rare here. And it will become more so once I’m sharing my cabin area. Time to write is a luxury. Last night I found the ginger-tomato dressing had exploded all over the fridge - ruining my potentially lovely evening writing or reading. Tonight I discovered that I have barely enough food to make it to St. Croix – that it will take seven more days from Bermuda. We are slated to arrive in Bermuda at 5 am, stopping only long enough to drop one passenger and pick up another. I decided I better make some tortillas – for some reason I only bought one pack of twenty! For the lard it called for, I used bacon grease. They were awesome. But we are nearly out of fresh produce, greens, milk and butter. The next seven days are going to be interesting.

One thing I’ve noticed is that, in spite of everything, I still love to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment