The Cast of Characters & Quick Guide to the Story

Sunday, July 31, 2011

On the Lam

Over half my body is as red as a tomato, my feet are killing me and I can't seem to wash the sand out of my hair, but Boy, What a day.

After a late night of carousing ("I think this is the latest I've ever been out with the Marlin crew," said Bly as we sauntered back to the boat at around 2:30 am), we woke early as breakfast was put out by... not me!

Harrison, Buttons, Eve, Bly and I got take-out breakfasts from the only place open in Frankfort, a little place called the Crescent Bakery, and walked to the beach where we sat in the shade and prepared for our Big Day Off.

Me, Bly, Harrison, Buttons and Eve with Glen Lake and 
a massive sand dune behind us.
Then we wound our way up through the country roads around Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore to a little-known hiking spot called Pyramid Point. The dune there made a steep decline into the lake from at least 150 feet. We sat and took in the view. It was awesome.

We stocked up at a market in Glen Arbor then hiked a good long ways out over the dunes to a beach where we played in the waves and sprawled out on the sand for hours. It was good to be together again.













Sunday's Menu
Breakfast
Egg and bacon pannini
Lunch

smoked fish pate, hummus, and spinach dip; garlic bread, kalamata olive sour dough and an artichoke foccaccia; string cheese and 5 Layer Bars
Dinner
Ice cream: mine was two scoops, one of key lime pie and the other some sort of Eskimo mash with coconut ice cream, pieces of coconut and brownies

Harrison with my hipstamic lens.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Harrison looks like parts of two different people were stuck together to make one. What a tan line! Glad you guys had a good time!

    ReplyDelete