The Cast of Characters & Quick Guide to the Story

Monday, August 1, 2011

Back in the Game

Lunch's salad buffet.
During transits, it's hard to keep the same schedule as one would on land. Obviously, I can't go running in the morning. So my exercise routine goes out the window. Today I ran out to the lighthouse again, then up a hill along the lake. I saw six deer. It felt great. 

My thoughts these days are preoccupied by what I want to do when I'm done here - and where I'll land. During our day off, I asked Bly about his plans for the future. It was interesting to hear him thinking aloud, turning each option around in his mind. I know now what I didn't know when I was younger: that you have to be careful when you make these choices. You can always undo them, but you often forget that in the consuming day-to-day routine of life. 

I did send off my letter of interest to that chef competition show yesterday. Just got to get that video submission together. But that's just stalling. Even if they chose me, it's not something I can build a future off of. It's just another distraction, another sidetrack.

Where is the main road? I wish some fortune teller could clue me in. 

Neb's burger topped with pork tenderloin.
Monday's Menu
Breakfast
Sausage gravy
Biscuits
Eggs over easy-ish
Smoothies
Lunch
Quinoa salad with roasted vegetables, feta, chili flakes, mint and lemon juice
Roasted beets with goat cheese, honey, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, olive oil and toasted pine nuts
Pork tenderloin, marinated in sherry and cinnamon overnight, then rolled in flour, paprika, white and black pepper and pan-fried until golden brown, served on top salad greens with boiled red potatoes tossed in caesar dressing and topped with asiago cheese
Dinner
Hamburgers, with oven-baked then pan-seared squash slices for Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment