The Cast of Characters & Quick Guide to the Story

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Underway again


This is what I've been longing for - we're finally sailing. I mean, really sailing. We only have three sails up, but we're making good time. I started the day by spending some QT with Big Dz (my diesel stove). No chance of getting a run in, though I did have to go on a short walk to buy milk.

We had an hour or so of safety training and then departed Savannah at about 11:30 am. Shortly thereafter we fired our cannons on Fort Jackson, which guards the river, and I fed the crew lunch at about 12:45.

We're just hitting the ocean now, I can feel the waves hitting the bow, and I don't know yet whether or not I'll have cell phone coverage when we're eight to ten miles offshore. So this may be my last communication for a while, as we all begin to enjoy being at sea again.

Pineapple muffin-cakes, waiting for midnight-snackers.
Tuesday's Menu 
Breakfast 
Oatmeal, eggs and homemade bread
Lunch 
Garlic bread and simple pasta with a meatless carbonara... I got behind and forgot the ham! And the fact that Smith doesn't eat eggs.
Dinner 
Ham and mashed potatoes
Dessert
Pineapple cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment