The Cast of Characters & Quick Guide to the Story

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hey Mikie, He Likes It!

Neb stopped in his tracks during a boatcheck today. I was half-in, half-out of my bunk. He said, "Cole, I just have to fuckin' hug you because that quiche you made this morning was so delicious." Then he hugged me. Funny kid.

As we left Gaspe Bay, I asked the question I had on the way in: who lives here? And how do they make their livelihood? It felt like we were in the middle of nowhere. We had sailed again to a place outside of the real world, a kind of outpost at the edge of civilization. It was cold, but getting warmer.

Neb at the wheel.
Smith getting some sun on her face.
Fruit salad with toasted walnuts; Gruyere 
mini-biscuits in the background.
Honey-wheat bread, for sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment