The Cast of Characters & Quick Guide to the Story

Friday, January 21, 2011

New job on the line

Doing Thyme, Somewhere
Yesterday was a great day. I got into work and found that the chef had added an item to the menu that was basically my reformulation of one of her ingredients (bacon butter) with popcorn. We have several popcorns on the menu - one with lavender & rosemary and one with curry. The bacon butter popcorn replaced the horseradish. That felt pretty good.

Then chef and I "did thyme" together, and we had a great conversation about the possible schedules I could have at Somewhere if I didn't get a boat job.

And then I checked my phone to find an email from one of the boats I had applied to. And today I got the call.

In other words, I may be shipping out again shortly. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment