The Cast of Characters & Quick Guide to the Story

Friday, May 13, 2011

Where the Sailboats Are


Sailboats in formation at the public sailing center.
After our coast guard inspection this morning, I went for a run. It was the first time in weeks. I felt awesome afterwards. Like I could run it again directly. But I had to bake the buns for lunch.

I ran a 2-3 mile loop around the fort that Bly told me about. In the evening, I walked it again with Jane, our current first mate. So far, I think Newport is a pretty romantic place. All the old houses. Picturesque scenery. Old forts. Green lawns. Trees budding. And everywhere you look: sailboats.

Late night catch
Just when I was thinking that nothing spectacular had happened today, Harrison came in with a squid! He and Rigby were hanging out on the bowsprit with the jig, and managed to catch one. Stay tuned for video footage of the gutting...

Eve's dinner plate.

Friday's Menu
Breakfast
Dutch Baby and apple compote (the crew knows that I make their favorite cous cous salad the day after I make apple compote, so Harrison actively guarded the pot of compote today to ensure there was enough left over).
Lunch
Sandwiches with yesterday's pate and leftover BBQ pork, plus leftover salads
Dinner
Bibimbap, using the last of the amazing eggs, plus pickled spaghetti squash, sauteed carrots, sauteed mushrooms in a little sugar and soy, pork loin marinated for two days, brussel sprouts and collard greens
Dessert
Rocky Road bars and tons of ice cream!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for the video! I guess Harrison isn't a total failure at squid jigging as he first thought! Now what do you do?

    ReplyDelete